Monday, June 14, 2010

McGillin's Pub Crawl After Party

Hi everyone!!!

I know I've been pumping out these blogs, but I just want to get them out of my head for you all to read before I forget the details.

McGillin's Olde Ale House is a 150 year old pub still operating in Philly. I decided not to do the "Pub Crawl", only because I had to work. I still wanted to catch the after party, so I picked up Rothy, and we headed to McGillin's. Website: http://www.mcgillins.com/.

Finding a parking spot was easier then finding the bar. The bar is off the main streets and huddled in the corner. Even though I point this out, it is also part of it's charm. Really a local hang out, and a must see but hard to find for tourists. Once you are there, the staff treats you like your one of the family.

They have their own line of beers, as well as a good selection of craft and local beers. Rothy and I had a few beers at this place. I did make Rothy try the beer sampler. It was kind of neat watching him go through the beer and picking out which one he likes the most. McGillin's Lager was his favorite out of all of them. I did not do any beer reviews for this place. We just went to enjoy a nice break from life for a while, and this is a great place to do just that.

Well, that is not exactly all true. I also wanted to see the craziness of the people who actually made the whole "Pub Crawl". There was more then I thought singing very badly at the karaoke set up down stairs. It was a sight to see. Bad renditions of pop songs that well all sing along to in the car or shower. After our ears could not withstand anymore "Sonic Warfare", we made our way to the upstairs.

I liked the upstairs for a few reasons, but the main reason was that it had the Flyers game on. Even though the Flyers lost the cup, I was surrounded by others that shared my pain. Also a plus, the female staff was easy on the eyes. All the dude bartenders were cool and not "dickheads" like you get at most bars in the city.

I do have one complaint, but it had nothing to do with the bar, or even the guy who wanted to share his pitcher with us. It was that the pitcher was filled with "Bud". Not that I have anything with "Budweiser", but this was "Philly Beer Week". I'm looking for beers that I normally would not have on a regular basis. Rothy hid behind the beer he had in hand. All and all, the night was great and as you can tell I still remember all of it. Like always, "Be Well, and Drink Well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment