Monday, June 14, 2010

Great Place To Eat!

Olá a todos! That's "Hello Everyone" in Portuguese.

I was running out of of intros, so thought I'd spice it up for this blog. Jay joined me on this excursion to the unknown.

I wanted to try a Brazilian Beer I heard about. This is also this is about a Brazilian "Churrascaria" or Steak House called "Fogo De Choa". Website: http://www.fogodechao.com/ . This is a place for that special night out or a corporate lunch because it is a little pricey. For the two of us at dinner, it cost about $150 with tip. I don't know about you $150 bucks is not pocket money for me. With that all being said, it was well worth it. I found out that if you go for lunch, it is about half price. So you might want to check it out during the day to see if you like it as much as I did.

The food was unbelievable. You start out with a cold bar or salad bar in the middle of the restaurant. A collection of cold salads, cheeses, pickled veggies, and raw foods. Be careful not to fill up like I did, because the food that is yet to come, you don't want to miss. With this all being said, the greatest thing about this restaurant is that there was no felling of the turnstile franchise place most of us eat at.

A word that fits the wait staff is "Attentive". You almost feel like your the most important person in the room, even though there is a full house. Almost to the point of being awkward saying "Thank you" to each and every person. I say this only because I've always been a person that does everything for myself, and not being waited on "hand and foot".

The beer list was like any normal place, but the wine list was something to be admired. After your drink service, the waiter brings you a little round card that he places next to you. One side is "Green" and the other "Red". Just like a stop light, "Green" means "Go", and "Red" means "Stop". When you flip the card to "Green", a swarm of "Gaucho chefs" caring spits of meat come to your table and slice of pieces onto your plate. When you had enough, or you plate is full and you want to start eating, flip the card to "Red". A word about this roasted meats, its like "BUTTER". The way the meat was prepared was nothing short of spectacular.

I also learned something from the waiter that I long forgot, because it has become second nature to me. I was asked if I was "European", because the way I used my utensils, was that of the "Sophisticated" European mannerism. If you know me, "Sophisticated" is not what you think of. Another thing about me is, my family came from Poland, and were all farmers. I guess that the older generation just had manners, which we have seemed to have lost a little in this day and age, for someone having to point it out. So I got a little of point with this tiny insight on me, now for the beer review.

Xingu Black Beer by Cervejaria Sul Brasileira. This beer which was poured for me, was black with a tan head that slowly dissipated to a small ring around the inside of the glass. It smelled sweet, hints of dark cherries, roasted malt, caramel, and chocolate. The mouth feel was silky and of a medium to light body. The taste was of sweet caramel, cherries, chocolate, not to much hop to it, and coffee. There was not much carbonation, so it went down easy. It did seem to get sweeter with every sip, but it was a good contrast to the roasted meats that we were served. The food pairing would be any roasted meats, or even Payaya.

Website: http://www.xingubeer.com/

Well I hope you enjoyed this rant. I would suggest on your next night out, seek out a "Fogo De Choa" near you, and yes there a a few around the country as well as other countries. You will enjoy it. As always "Be Well, and Drink Well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment