Saturday, June 26, 2010

10 Summer Beers Review

Hello Everyone!

I figured I should review some of the "Summer Beers". I was surprised by how many there was. So many, that I decided to pick only 10 of them. While doing this review, I came to a conclusion, that all of these beers are pretty much the same. Barry kind of stole my thunder on the "FaceBook Page". He was right. The following was what he posted.

"Barry Homebrew- Wheat beer: sweet with a lot of cloves
Pale ale: balanced hops with a dry finish
(fill in brewery name) summer ale : Pale ale with fruit added for the fruity types that drink this swill.

There ya go, summer beers reviewed for ya. Oh I missed the cider lineup.. but who the F drinks that crap?"

With that being said, I separated the ones I liked into 3 different groups. Then I wrote a little about each of them. They really do not need a full drawn out review because well they are all pretty simple.

Group A: Not so Good


Beach House by Dominion Brewery. It was a little crisp and light. Had a little to much carbonation for my taste. The back end was a little harsh. I did not care for the after taste. It had a slight taste of fresh cut grass.


Wacko by Magic Hat Brewery. I thought it was a interesting concept for a beer. It looked cool when it poured and smelled neat. the taste though was just off to me. Phill didn't care for it, even though he loves most of the Magic Hat beers.


Group B: Not So Bad

SummerFest by Sierra Nevada Brewery. Very floral and a bit of hop. Did get a little funky over the middle of the tongue. Did finish very clean.

Summer Beer by Harpoon Brewery. I still haven't found a Harpoon that I liked. This one was better then the others I have had. It also had a bit more carbonation then I liked at first, then it lost most of the fizz about half way. I was drinking it outside and it did skunk in the sun pretty fast.



Summer Ale by Samual Adams Brewery. I love the Summer Ale's, of the past but this years seems a little off. It is still clean and refreshing. A little harsher but still a tasty brew.


Summer Weizen Ale by SmuttyNose Brewery. This wheat ale was clean, refreshing and a little tart. I rather enjoyed it. Nice after taste that makes you want another sip.


Group C: Bring Them To The BBQ

Sunshine Pils by Troegs Brewery. This beer was nice and light, crisp, and refreshing. Has a very good hop bitter to it. This is a great burger beer. It was extremely easy to drink.

Shock Top by Michelob. I know a mass produced beer company beer. If you like Blue Moon by Coors, you will like this. It does have a little more orange flavor to it then Blue Moon, which I did enjoy. Good with a all sorts of Picnic/BBQ foods.

Rope Swing
by Red Hook Brewery. I'm really starting to get more interested in this brewery. The few beers I have had from them, I've really liked. This one like all the other to
was light and clean. I tiny bit of fruit and malt in the taste. Good for grilling with and drinking.

Summer Ale by Brooklyn Brewery. Has a lot going on, but in tiny amounts. Every time I sipped it, I picked out some more ghosts of flavors. A little lighter then the rest of them. A lawnmower beer.

Well I had fun drinking all of these. Barry was right. They are all pretty much the same in mouth feel. The flavors are all a little different, but nothing to write home about. As always "Be Well, and Drink Well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment