Saturday, February 26, 2011

Made A Cake

So it's my friend of 27 years, 30th birthday today. So I decided to make cake. I took pictures.

Vanilla cake.


Then I iced it.


Then I made my outline in icing.


Then I smoothed it out for the next layer of icing.



Then added the colored icing.


Then i used a wet pastry knife to smooth out the colored icing


Then i used this heat gun to smooth it out further.





Then i cut out the swimsuit shapes out of roll icing and sprayed them with gold.


Then i added them to the cake.



Then using a pastry bag, I trimmed the cake to make it look like it was fuzzy.


Then finally wrote, "Happy 30th Birthday Jason".


The whole cake is edible, unlike some of those cakes you see on TV shows. So I hope you enjoyed this side trip into what I do every day.


As always "Be Well and Drink Well"!

No comments:

Post a Comment