Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Irish Pol




The Irish Pol. With a name like that you know I had to stop. It's you nice corner pub type of place. A great place to pick up a quick bite and a pint.


It has a simple menu but don't hold it against this place. There is a good beer list as well a liquor bar.


Avery Karma was my first beer. A Belgian Pale Ale. A hint of citrus and sweetness on the nose. The mouth feel is light with a low carbonation. The taste is light hints of fruit, spice, and a little sweetness. It has a light bitter on the back end and finishes up pretty clean. I would have to give it a solid 5 out of 7.




Fried ravioli and fries. The marinara for the ravioli is better then most Italian places I've been to. The fries are whole cut potato style. Nothing to fantastic. They have pierogies and pulled pork on the menu. This place has no preconceptions that it is anything more the a corner bar, and I think that it is fantastic.



This will be a place I will visit again, but next time with more then just myself.

As always, "Be Well, and Drink Well"!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:S 3rd St,Philadelphia,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment