Thursday, April 29, 2010

How I Rate Beer

Hello Everybody!


Okay I figured that I should explain my rating system and the way I write my blog. I've been getting a little bit of, well I'll say, "Constructive Criticism".


Let me take the latter first. I write my blog the way I do because... well... hmmm. Simply put, "That's how I am". I write this blog in a way you would talk to you friend sitting on the bar stool next to you or sitting around and playing cards. I can write it in an all technical format. I could explain the chemistry behind taste of the beer. Even, the formulations in why the beer styles, Blah!Blah!Blah! Your eyes would roll back in your head.


That is not what I'm all about. I want you to have fun with beer. Experiment with beer. The most important thing is to find and enjoy your flavor or style of beer. Just like there are many different types of people in the world, there is that many types of beer. You just need to find the one that's just for you. I try to give you little insights to every beer in this blog, so you can make your own decisions whether or not this might be a beer you would like to try. You won't know if you like it or not, unless you try it. Be adventurous.


Okay that's enough of that. Now onto my rating system. I was trying to figure out the easiest way to explain this. I could do a flow chart or interactive display (which I still might do, when I find time to do it), but I figured just a simple explanation for each point.


It's a 1 to 7 point rating system. I have a fascination with the number "7", so that's why I did it. So if you managed to read this far, thank you.

1) It's a lonely number. So leave this one alone because that is why is by itself. Truth be told I have a "1" beer every now and again to make sure it wasn't me.



2) Is the "Not Bad" of beers. Drinkable, but it just has to much of something or not enough. Usually the type of beers you find in your regular everyday bar.




3) The "Middle Of The Road". It's usually tasty, but not spectacular. They are usually the everyday type of beer. The kind you buy because well everyone will drink it and not complain.



4) "Now That Is Something" Beer. There is just something about it. Has flavor and balance. The little extra that makes you stick in the back of the fridge behind all the other beer so other people don't see it.





5) The "WOW" Beer. Complex, different, and all around tasty beverage. This beer is usually brought to special occasions or bought during a great night out. Usually a little more expensive, but not always. The kind of beer you want to start your night on.






6) "You got to try this beer". Pretty self explanatory. Once you taste it you want everyone to try it. A beer you hold dear. It sounds stupid, but it's the kind off beer that makes you happy that you have it.





7) "Special Reserve". This is usually saved for the cream of the crop. A beer you'd collect. A refined type of beer. I have only a few I put up on this pedestal. Yet I have not reviewed any of these yet because I'm still trying to get my hands back on it again.







I hope this clears it up. Quiet a few things to reviews in the up coming weeks. Hopefully a few reviews of some local brew places in the area if all goes well. As always, Enjoy and "CHEERS"!

No comments:

Post a Comment