Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Two Stones Pub

Two Stones Pub opened a location down the street from me. So my friend Jay and I decided to check it out.

Walking into the place you notice it has a bar on the left side and seating to the right. The only issue I had was the wall down the middle of the pub. It makes the place seem smaller than it is. Also it seemed to amplify the sound in the place.

The bar area.



Seating in the back.



We both enjoyed our alcoholic beverages. Jay enjoy a bomber of Crispin Cider. He said it was nice because of the slight autumn chill in the air.

I enjoyed Tröegs Flying Mouflan. Hoppy and malty at the same time. It was a little more hoppy then I would have liked but still enjoyable. 4 out of 5.




Then we both enjoyed a plate of Mac and Cheese with Chicken, Peas, bacon, and blue cheese crumbles.




Jay enjoyed I both enjoyed it but I thought it was just a little salty. You missed out on the sweetness of the peas. A creamier smokey blue cheese would have made this dish amazing.

What I pointed out so far about this place is me just being a little spoiled by my Philadelphia hang outs. And why shouldn't I be. But, and a big BUT at that, is the price points on their beers. I understand beers I like are a little more then your everyday beers, but a bottle of beer you buy at your local that costs $20 should not be $40 at your pub. $35 I could understand but $40. If you want to move beer out and be successful this is a point you should understand.

Now it sounds like I don't like this place, but it is no true. I really did enjoy my time here and I will go back time and time again. Plus they have Six Point Beers.




As always "Be Well, and Drink Well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment